Legendary Entertainment’s MonsterVerse is a multimedia franchise featuring some of the most famous fictional creatures of all time in feature films. The fourth issue in the franchise and latest film launched in 2021 with Godzilla vs. Kong. This series brought together two monsters that have been battling others, and each other, for nearly a century now. Today, these two legendary beasts collide in a 10-coin collection of Godzilla vs. Kong coins issued on behalf of Niue. With 10 coins in all, there’s something for every collector in this exciting series of coins.
King Kong Designs
With 10 coins available in this series, it’s important to break down the designs based on the creatures in the series. Within the 10-coin release, there are five coins devoted to King Kong, the mythical, massive gorilla from Skull Island. Among these five coins, there are three different ways to conquer King Kong:
- 1 oz Silver BU, Proof 1 oz Silver, and 1 oz Gold BU: On these three coins, you will find a slight-right-profile effigy of King Kong. His powerful frame is depicted standing upright with KONG inscribed along the left side of the field.
- Colorized 1 oz Silver: In this design, Kong’s head is captured in right-profile relief with his mouth wide open as he lets out a deafening roar.
- Colorized 1 oz Face Off Silver: This design offers a shared image of both King Kong and Godzilla. The Face Off design features the two beasts in front-facing relief with King Kong’s head making up the right side of the figure.
Just as there are five King Kong designs, the series offers you the chance to own one of five Godzilla designs. In addition to the aforementioned Colorized 1 oz Face Off Silver Coin that features Godzilla’s head in front-facing relief on the left side of the figure, you will find the following design options honoring the mythical figure from Toho film productions in Japan:
- 1 oz Silver BU, 1 oz Gold BU, Proof 1 oz Silver: Like the Kong version, these Godzilla coins feature the full-length figure of Godzilla, but in left-profile relief. The word GODZILLA is found along the bottom of the design field.
- Colorized 1 oz Silver Godzilla: In this version of the coin, the head of Godzilla is featured in left-profile relief with beautiful colorization.
- Colorized 1 oz Silver Mechagodzilla: This distinct design in the series shows a mechanized Godzilla with its mouth wide open. The image is a left-profile relief.
Shared Obverse Design
Whether you purchase one of the BU coins in this series, the colorized coin, or the proof silver coin, you will receive a specimen with the same obverse design. That design shows the silhouettes of Godzilla and King Kong in the background field battling for supremacy of the MonsterVerse. The coins include inscriptions of the weight, metal content, purity, date, and face value. Beneath the silhouettes of the beasts, you will find the Public Seal of Niue, a design used on select Niue releases as an alternative to Queen Elizabeth II’s effigy.