A new series of silver bullion coins are now available that captures the continued interest in the wizarding world of Harry Potter. Following the release of Harry Potter colorized proof character coins and house silver foils earlier in 2020, the third collection of Harry Potter-themed silver bullion is coming soon to Provident Metals. In the new Harry Potter House Crest Series, 9.5 Gram silver coins are available with a Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry crest is accompanied by issues for the four respective houses to create a five-coin release. Now’s your chance to find out more details on this new collection of Harry Potter bullion.
All five coins in the Harry Potter House Crest Series have the same obverse design element. Issued on behalf of Gibraltar, the coins showcase a right-profile portrait of Queen Elizabeth II on the obverse side. The Queen’s effigy depicts the monarch with the George IV State Diadem Crown, a stunning piece from the Crown Jewels that includes 1,333 diamonds in its design that weigh more than 300 karats. Inscriptions on this side of the coin include “Elizabeth II,” “D.G. Regina,” “Gibraltar,” “2020,” and “One Pound.”
Each coin in this series is available with individual packaging. The coins are housed inside of a capsule space in a presentation card. The card has a stand at the back so you can prop up the card to display your new Harry Potter House Crest silver bullion coin. The front face of the cards includes colorized artwork for each of the reverse designs and is aligned with this face of the card. The backside of the card offers the obverse view of the coin along with a Certificate of Authenticity information that includes a unique serial number for each coin.
Five Distinctive Designs
In total, there are five unique designs offered on the reverse of the Harry Potter House Crest Series of silver bullion coins. These include the overall Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Crest and the four individual houses of Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw. The individual designs feature the following elements:
- Hogwarts: The Hogwarts crest has its own unique shape in the series and bears an ornate, pointed quartered shield on the crest. The shield features the animals of Gryffindor, Slytherin, Hufflepuff, and Ravenclaw in the quadrants to represent all houses in the school. The banner below it reads “Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus,” which translates from Latin as “Never tickle a sleeping dragon.”
- Gryffindor: The Gryffindor House Crest depicts a crowned lion in a rampant pose on the shield at the center of the crest. Topped with a knight’s helmet, as are all four specific house crests, you will notice there is another crowned lion atop the knight’s helmet.
- Slytherin: The House Slytherin Crest offers a crest design that features a shield with a coiled snake at its center. The knight’s helmet is featured here as well, with a small snake atop the head of the knight.
- Hufflepuff: The House Hufflepuff Crest depicts the determined badger that is the symbol of the house and its students. The badger is showcased both at the top of the knight’s helmet and the center of the shield in the crest.
- Ravenclaw: The House Ravenclaw Crest design includes a small raven in left-profile relief on the shield at the center of the crest and an even smaller raven perched at the top of the knight’s helmet on the top of the crest.
Mintage and Other Details
All of the Harry Potter House Crest Series coins have 9.5 Grams, or .3054 Troy oz, of .999 pure silver. The coins are proof specimens that boast frosted design elements overlaying mirrored background fields. Each of the designs is limited to a total mintage of only 10,000 silver coins. The coins are issued with a face value of 1 Pound sterling (GBP) for the British Overseas Territory of Gibraltar. The small peninsula at the southern edge of the Iberian Peninsula includes the Rock of Gibraltar. The land was ceded to the United Kingdom in 1713 following the War of the Spanish Succession.
Collect Your House Crests with Provident Metals
Whether you want to showcase your Harry Potter house pride or collect them all, Provident Metals will carry these five coins in the new Harry Potter House Crest Series. Please feel free to reach out to us with questions at 800-313-3315, chat with us live online, or email us directly. We encourage you to follow us on Facebook and read our blog each week for greater detail on new and upcoming coin releases.